23 Dec 2014

lucia, ice skating and countdowns

 
 
 

Stressful but also somewhat magical times before christmas, especially if spent around kids! On the 13th of december is Lucia, celebrated in order to bring light in times of winter darkness (literally!). The kids had little performances in school and kindergarden with songs and pepparkakor and coffee afterwards. A couple of friends and I also went to the Lucia show in Skansen which was really nice but SO cold. We also went to the christmas market and danced around the christmas tree in traditional swedish manner! ;)
The last weekend in Stockholm before heading home for christmas was filled with Ice Skating (more or less successful) and shopping presents. I couldn't wait to get home but as I was saying goodbye to my host family and friends there, it already felt like I wasn't going to come back. The final goodbye in summer is going to be very hard, I already know that for sure!

Merry Christmas everyone! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

we're always happy to read your comment!
leave your url and we'll check out your blog x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...